Online shopping and daily deliveries have become a way of life for countless people. You enjoy the convenience of having packages left at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in the open are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a real issue, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to combat package theft, but they give you so much more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become a crucial facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Dothan video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of advanced features, and the technology keeps improving. You can now set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain real-time updates whenever an item arrives.
The simplest way to find out how a Dothan video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various advantages it can provide. Think about the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading crime with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that consists of the faces of people on your porch and items on the walkway below. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid streams any time of day: What’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? The best models will include incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package is dropped off? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and deliveries.
- Speak with the person at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Reciprocal audio allows you to ask what they want. You might even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people hanging around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will help you cut down on false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the chance to see current and recorded video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even permit you to communicate with the person at your door. These components have turned into game-changers in terms of security and convenience.