Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Dothan smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in total command of your Dothan home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and check out recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Dothan do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides total remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- Check current or recorded footage from your connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Dothan by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Note that you can still arm the security system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Dothan
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, choose email or phone and provide the information to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Dothan smart home. Dial (334) 378-2166 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.