Tips to cut down on false alarms in Dothan
False alarms are a real concern for home security systems. Not only can they decrease the confidence you have in your installation, but they may be costly and time-consuming. Luckily, you are able to do some things to minimize false alarms from your Dothan security system.
First, be sure that all components are connected correctly. This might appear to be common sense, but it’s often the case that simple miscues trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for likely sources of false alarms, including a back door that may be kept open inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to use the various features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Dothan.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Dothan?
When figuring out any concern, the best course of action is to reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all alarms and sensors are installed appropriately on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Manually inspect each sensor to ensure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to ensure that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all new smart components are configured in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Call your Vivint specialist if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Dothan home. They'll gladly send out a tech to check your equipment.
Investigate your windows and doors
In the event your system seems to be installed properly, the next measure is to do an investigation of your property. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or do you find some inadvertently ajar? If an access point stays unlatched, it may trip a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your household constantly neglects to secure an entrance, you could incorporate a smart lock that secures automatically when the alarm is engaged. Regrettably, windows need more manual maintenance, mainly if you have a family member who prefers to sleep with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it simple to turn off that alarm while still shielding the remainder of the residence.
Smart home automation can be a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Dothan
One of the most effective techniques to minimize the probability of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your home security system. With your Vivint app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlocking a door or window. Then have it automatically set again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm when your smart lock is triggered with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the premises, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get cell phone notifications when your devices sense abnormal movements or have need of a new battery.
- Connect your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Dothan by switching to a Vivint smart home installation
Greater control over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (334) 378-2166 or send in the form on this page.