What should you do when your Dothan home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your family members – against the multitude of risks you could face, like theft, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Dothan home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm can be shocking, disorienting, and might incite panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and adhere to these simple suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Dothan Triggers
It’s a situation no resident wants to be in, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the wee hours of the morning with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. What are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency on your own but instead let your monitoring experts and first responders perform their job.
- Protect your family members. Your priority should be your loved ones and getting them to safety. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might involve proceeding to a predetermined safe room as far from entry points as possible. Chances are your alarm already frightened away the intruder, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, please leave your home right away.
- Grab your smartphone. In this day and age, most people carry their cell phones constantly with them, but you could forget to take it during an urgent situation. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and receive notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Dothan goes off, your 24-hour monitoring experts will spring to action. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by is based on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is initiated, one attempt will be made to reach you before help is deployed. If you have an intrusion - the most common sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will abide by these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to contact you using the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again once emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a position to communicate with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Support will still be dispatched even when you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Dothan
Get prepared for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Dothan from Vivint. Contact (334) 378-2166 to begin the customization of your home’s protection today.