Features to look for in a home security camera in Dothan
Getting caught on video is the last thing a prowler wishes for This is a principal reason why security cameras are among the most effective tools to think about as you figure out your home security system. Although standalone cameras will be effective when set up properly, they’re even more helpful when integrated into your residence’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Dothan? You’ll be glad to know these important elements have more features than previous iterations. You can see live streams from interior cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with incorporated deterrent mechanisms from outside cameras. You’ll also have easy access to your surveillance devices with a central touchscreen panel or cell phone app.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Dothan
Versatile and easy-to-manage security cameras will elevate your home’s defense to a different level. These vital aspects of your security system can be found with a diverse lineup of features like bi-directional talk, motion detection, and customizable zones. Explore the available options below.
- Built-in deterrents: Install a surveillance camera that is able to react instantly. If strange activity is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear red ring will emerge on the outside of the lens and a loud warning will emit.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision sensors provide well-defined images of your environs no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also sustain their clarity when closing in on particular areas.
- Video storage: Check for surveillance with cloud storage options and the chance to access clips right from your mobile device app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Dothan are often connected to a helpful smartphone app. You have the opportunity to view current footage or recorded segments and even activate or disarm your alarms. The Vivint App will post an update to your cell phone when a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detection: Incorporated motion detectors prompts cameras to activate if strange movement occurs. You’ll even get an update on your phone.
- Converse with delivery people or members of your family: Would you like to contact your kids after school? Do you have a stranger at your main entry? Modern home security cameras, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way communications so you are able to chat with the people within range of your equipment.
- Improve your perspective: Generally speaking, your outdoor video cameras should provide at least 120° of viewing perspective. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This convenience provides the opportunity to program the exact part of your property you want your camera to cover. This will be helpful to optimize what you record as you don’t necessarily need updates each time a vehicle travels by on the street.
Configure your own home security system
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in Dothan. All that remains is to put everything together in a customized Vivint smart home. Dial (334) 378-2166 to get started or complete the form below to contact our specialists.